Rusty’s Red Burgers
• 2 cups Rusty’s Red wine
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 large yellow onion, sliced
• 1 ½ lb. ground beef
• Crumbled goat cheese
• Hamburger buns (pretzel buns are even better!)
1. Put wine and sugar in a sauce pan and bring to a slight boil over medium heat. Continue to boil gently for 25-35 minutes, or until the wine and sugar has reduced to ½ cup. Set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a regular pan over medium heat then add the onions. Cook 25-30 minutes, stirring often, until the onions are caramelized.
3. Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
4. Put ground beef in large bowl with salt and pepper. Stir in ¼ cup of your Rusty’s wine reduction and hand mix. Mold the meat into patties (5-6) and place them on the grill. Grill each side for 4 minutes.
5. Place the burgers on buns and top with caramelized onions, goat cheese, and remainder of Rusty’s Red sauce.